Sometimes I wish I were in a crowded auditorium giving a talk about the Stacey Burns case. I have done it before but never to a large group.
After informing this crowd about what I know, I would ask two simple questions and here they are:.
- We are approaching yet another year (number 9) when this crime will not be solved; if you are frustrated, angry, disappointed or discouraged, would you please raise your hand?
- If you are happy with the investigation and feel that the authorities are doing the best they can to nail this sick, demented, and vicious killer, would you please raise your hand? In a packed auditorium of people familiar with the case, whether family, friends, acquaintances, or community members, how do think these questions would be answered? Would it be fifty-fifty each way? I’m just curious since I have heard and keep hearing about the diligent work being carried out in the name of justice for Stacey. Maybe I’m just too far out of the loop, but I know there are those who may be much closer than I am. How is that effort to bring the murderer in going? Anyone? Duke
Every mothers day and at the end of October I travel to Concord to find out whats going on in the investigation into the murder of my friend, Stacey Burns. Every time I get accused of being a killer. The last time I came inches from headbutting a strelzin puppet through the two way mirror. They know exactly what happened to my friend, and so do I. Unfortunately you and her kids will never know because it’s an on-going investigation and it has integrity.
As promised, I have made up a series of cards under the heading “Lawyers above God and Country”. They will be distributed in public places in New Hampshire and beyond. This represents my frustration with what I believe to be the media protecting lawyers protecting other lawyers from crimes the NHBA members are systematically committing against the families and children of New Hampshire. It is and has been my belief that Stacey Burns AND Roberta Miller murders falls under this category. Not only were they both involved in contentious divorces but they both had the same lawyer and law firm representing them. Yet to my knowledge not a single mention of this connection in the media has ever been reported. This reeks of the “GOOD MORNING VIETNAM (Robin Williams movie)” type censorship that is taking place across America and is at the root of Trump’s “FAKE MEDIA” comments. Because the media not the government is behind this censorship.
LAWYERS ABOVE GOD
Series A: 1/10
I PLEDGE NO ALLIGENCE
TO A FLAG
OF THE UNITED LAWYERS
AND TO THE REPUBLIC
FOR WHICH IT ONCE STOOD,
A DIVIDED NATION
UNDER NO GOD,
WE WILL OVERCOME –
WE WILL HOLD ACCOUNTABLE
“LAWYERS ABOVE GOD
Series A: 4/10
R.I.P. STACEY BURNS (2009)
& ROBERTA MILLER (2010):
BOTH WOMEN WERE MURDERED
WHILE HAVING BEEN REPRESENTED
BY THE SAME SMALL BUT
POWERFUL LAW FIRM.
MS. MILLER COMPLAINED ABOUT
THE LAWYERS ON A COURT DOCUMENT
BEFORE HER MURDER AND
THIS LAW FIRM “OWNED” THIS COURT.
I am sorry you have not had many responses to your two questions (really any since Jim and Wayne only address them tangentially if at all). I am a long time reader of your blog but this is my first time commenting. I suspect many are like me – appreciate your writings concerning Stacey’s murder but are reluctant to comment since we can add little that could or would help the situation. But since you ask two questions that I can answer I thought I would reply to show you that your efforts are much appreciated.
My answers are:
1. I think the responds to your first question would be 100%. I think all are frustrated, angry, disappointed and discouraged that this crime has gone unsolved to date and for so long. Even the person or persons responsible, if they were in the room, would raise their hand/s – for the obvious reason. And I think the investigators, if they were in the room, would also raise their hands if such could be deemed appropriate.
2. I think there is no way to answer this question since I lack any evidence to judge the performance of the investigation and the officers conducting it. The lack of a result, unfortunately, says nothing about why there is yet no result. Maybe the investigators are incompetent or corrupt as others think. In a case like this that would be usual but not unheard of. Or more likely the evidence is lacking to charge someone and they they have no obvious un-turned stones or paths to pursue. And so they and we wait. But people being who and what they are, my guess is you would get 60-70% of the people in your hypothetical to raise their hands to this question. I would not be one of them for the reason I state above.
On a related note, elsewhere you have written that you are waiting to publish your book on Stacey’s murder for a time after it has been solved. I would like to see it published and think you should consider doing so even though the ending you would like has not yet happened. I have two reasons for thinking this. The first is that after almost nine years finding what is know about the crime (in the public domain) gets harder each year. The blogs, lists, news sources, etc. are getting harder to find and are often polluted with convoluted side discussions and details hidden in comments. You seem to have organized this material and your book might help all of us understand better why we here at this place some nine years later. And second, it is unfortunate but also likely that this crime will never be solved in the sense of being taken to trial. And your efforts and abilities could help all of us come to grips with this eventuality.
And lastly, since I have intruded into your space I thought I might ask your opinion on my understanding of the case. I believe I have seen four general possibilities raised as to who is responsible:
1. Jim, the former lover, did it. But has a strong alibi in his former wife and others??. So he couldn’t have done it.
2. Ed, the former husband, did it. But he has a strong alibi that physically puts him hours away. So he couldn’t have done it.
3. Other person or persons through jealousy or revenge did it. But all these lines of inquiry also lack any/enough evidence.
4. Various and sundry conspiracy theories that appear to lack any evidence whatsoever and can be rejected out of hand.
Is my understand about right? Or have I missed something?
Thanks again and keep up the writing on all topics.
with best regards,